November 13, 2023
Are you ready to infuse your Thanksgiving menu with a touch of Japanese sophistication? Our Black Vinegar Glazed Sweet Potatoes bring a delightful fusion of flavors to your holiday spread. Picture tender and slightly caramelized sweet potato cubes bathed in a luscious glaze of Japanese black vinegar, honey, and soy sauce. It's a sweet and savory sensation that promises to leave your taste buds enchanted and your guests craving more.
Black Vinegar Glazed Sweet Potatoes
• 3-4 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
• 2 tablespoons Japanese black vinegar
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• Salt and black pepper to taste
• Chopped fresh chives or green onions for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat the Oven
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. Prepare the Sweet Potatoes
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sweet potato cubes, vegetable oil, salt, and black pepper. Toss to coat the sweet potatoes evenly.
3. Roast the Sweet Potatoes
- Spread the sweet potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast them in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes or until they are tender and slightly caramelized. Stir them once or twice during roasting for even cooking.
4. Prepare the Black Vinegar Glaze
- While the sweet potatoes are roasting, mix 2 tablespoons of Japanese black vinegar, 2 tablespoons of honey, and 2 tablespoons of soy sauce in a small bowl. Stir until well combined.
5. Glaze the Sweet Potatoes
- Once the sweet potatoes are done roasting, remove them from the oven. Drizzle the black vinegar glaze over the roasted sweet potatoes and gently toss to coat.
6. Garnish and Serve
- Transfer the Black Vinegar Glazed Sweet Potatoes to a serving dish. If desired, sprinkle chopped fresh chives or green onions over the top for added freshness and presentation.
These sweet potatoes are a flavorful and slightly sweet side dish with a unique twist thanks to the black vinegar glaze. They make a perfect addition to your Thanksgiving menu, providing a balance of flavors and a touch of creativity to your holiday feast. Enjoy!